What is the best protection against hackers, malware, or any other nefarious attack on you and your data? The answer is simple, YOU. Just as having the most secure lock on your front door relies on you actually closing the door and locking it. The reality is that you are the best protection against access to your data, not just good technology.
Some questions to ask:
- Do you know how to spot a fraudulent email
- Do you know how to check a link before you click it
- Do you know to create a strong password
- Do you create strong passwords
- Do you use the same password for every service
- Do you write your passwords down
- Do you tell your password to others
- If you found a USB drive, what would you do with it?
These are all important questions to know the answers to! It does not matter how much technology we have in place to protect us if we are not able to manage our systems and data welll. The most important protection you have is you!
If you believe that you and or your staff can’t answer the questions above correctly, then why not get MTI in to present on these areas and raise the level of the protection for your data by utilising the most valuable security resource, your people.